Live Video reaction poll are the best way to keep your page audience engaged on Facebook. Almost every single social media platform is offering Live Video option . But Facebook live is kind of unique with 6 video Reactions.
With Our Platform you will be able to create your live reaction poll in no time . Every Reaction will be counted in live video . This will be encouraging your page audience to engage to your live video.
How to Create a live Reaction poll?
With our one page setup you dont need any coding knowledge neither you require to be a computer geek. Even a newbie can follow the steps and Create a live Reaction poll.
Step 1: Access Token
To access reactions count on your live video, we need an access token for your page. Click Get Access Token, a popup will open and you will see an access token field. Your access token will expire in one hour and that is not useful if we want to stream longer than one hour. So, we need to extend the token by creating an app and for that we need to access to Facebook developer programe to create an app.. That will give us the ability to generate a token and extend it for two months. If you already have an app please skip the steps below.
Steps to create an App:
- If you have not already signed up as a Facebook developer, Click Register and complete the signup process.
- Click Create App, give any name, choose a category and click Create App ID.
- Your new app is created, close the window.
Steps to extend an Access Token:
- Click Get Access Token if you haven’t already.
- Select your application from Application drop down menu on top right.
- Click Get Token and then click Get Page Access Token.
- Proceed with the permissions.
- Select your page from the list.
- Click blue info icon right before the token and click Open in Access Token Tool.
- Click Extend Access Token.
- Copy the generated token and paste in the website.
Watch this video tutorial for an example
Note: You can use the extended token for two months for all the live streams on a page. No need to generate the token every time you want to stream.
Step 2: Create Post
- Click Get Post ID, Select your page and click Next.
- Click Go Live.
- Click settings icon on top right then click Embed.
- Copy and paste the iframe code in Post ID field. The iframe code looks like this:
<iframe src="https://web.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fweb.facebook.com%2Fappdroid.review%2Fvideos%2F1437546469619737%2F&width=400" width="400" height="400" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>Post ID will be extracted once you focus out of the input.
Note: Do not close the window. This is the live post that we will publish later.
Step 3: Design the Poll
- Enter your Streaming Resolution Width. Facebook supports maximum 1280×720 resolution so don’t go higher than 1280.
- Select the type of the poll, counters to include, images and counters style.
- The background is optional as you can add any image, video as background in OBS Studio.
- You can also include an optional countdown timer for the poll or any event.
- If you want to show live comments in the video select include shoutbox.
- Click Preview and then click Go Live on the next page.
Step 4: Go LIVE
Download and install OBS Studio if you don’t have it already.
- Open OBS Studio.
- Copy your stream key from the Facebook post window we opened earlier.
- Click Settings in OBS Studio, click Stream, Select Facebook Live from Service list and paste your key.
- Click Add icon in source section and select BrowserSource.
- Copy and paste the poll URL, change the width and height to your streaming width and click OK.
- Stretch the BrowserSource to full view, Right click on BrowserSource and select Interact.
- Drag the counters to position them and resize them however you like. Close the interaction window.
- Click Start Streaming.
- You will be able to see the preview in the facebook popup window, fill the post title and other details click Go Live.
Your Facebook poll is live now. These are the simple steps you need to follow to create a live poll on a Facebook page.
Watch video tutorial on How to Create a Live Poll on Facebook Page:
Important Notes and FAQs
- If you want to stream on your profile or a group, you need to get a user access token with user_posts permission.
- You can add background images and video in OBS Studio.
- You need to interact with the counters in OBS Studio to position them.